Earring is a piece of jewelry attached to the ear through a piercing in the earlobe or another external part of the ear. Earring components may be made of any number of materials including metal, plastic, glass, precious stone, beads, wood, bone and other materials.
Designs range from small loops and studs to large plates and dangling items. The size is ultimately limited by the physical capacity of the earlobe to hold the earring without tearing.
Types of earrings
*Statement earrings can be defined as “earrings which invite attention from others by demonstrating bold, original and unique designs with innovative construction and material combinations.
* Stud/minimal: floats on the ear or earlobe without a visible “from the front” . A stud earring features a gemstone or other ornament mounted on a narrow post that passes through a piercing in the ear or earlobe.
* Hoop earrings: are circular or semi-circular in design and look very similar to a ring. They are often constructed of metal tubing with a thin wire attachment penetrating the ear.
* Dangle earrings: are designed to flow from the bottoms of the earlobes and are available in various lengths from a centimeter or two, all the way to brushing the shoulders. They are generally attached to the ear by the use of thin wires, which go through the earlobe and connect to themselves in a small hook at the back.
* Barbell earrings: get their name from their resemblance to a barbell, generally coming in the form of a metal bar with an orb on either end.
*Huggy earrings : stones are channel set in huggy earrings.
*Ear thread: also known as eat string, threader, a chain that is thin enough to slip into the ear hole and come back out dangles.
Styling your statement earring
* pick a bold contrast when your outfit looks plain and needs something to spice it up. It’s probably the easiest way to style a statement earring .
* Go neutral: opt for a neutral statement when your outfit is too busy . A neutral earring will tone down the busy element in your outfit.
* Merge same colors: when you have a patterned look, you can merge same color from your dress with your earrings.
*Pick a color from your patterned dress, when you want to add some effects to your look.
*Rock your bold statement earring without necklace, this often looks subtle and classy with a mild makeup and other accessories “ring , bracelet , maybe a wristwatch (depending on your preference ).
* Pair with a black outfit: all black outfit always need a pop of color or sparkle to highlight the look. Turquoise earring earrings is the best blend for an all black outfit.
* Denim on denim with a statement earring: denim on denim looks casual but to look not too casual, you can spice it up with a subtle colored statement earring and a pair of heels.
*Pair your statement earring with a t-shirt and jeans: throw the simplest too and a pair of jeans and add a pastel colored earrings. This is more of combining a masculine and feminine look but looking powerful and glammed.
* V-neck blouse paired: with dangling earrings: a v-neck blouse or dress is a statement on it own, showing your neck region a bit with your earring gives a different look.